Easy recipe for the BBQ or the oven!
In the summer and fall, when your veggies are at their most productive it can sometimes be challenging to find the inspiration for new recipes to use up your produce. This delicious recipe is great as you can add whatever you have plenty of!
- A selection of fresh veggies – choose from eggplant, bell pepper, zuchinni, winter squash, onion, carrot or parsnip (stay away from anything too soft like tomatoes or leafy greens which are best cooked other ways). Amount is dependent on the number of people you are feeding.
- Olive oil
- Fresh or dried herbs such as rosemary, basil or parsley
- Fresh ground black pepper
- olive oil
- dijon mustard
- soya sauce
- For cooking in the oven, generously oil a baking sheet with olive oil. For barbequing use a veggie basket.
- Cut up veggies into fairly large pieces
- If marinating the veggies, make the marinade and let the veggies marinate for 30 minutes before transferring to a baking tray for cooking in the oven or a basket for barbequing
- Sprinkle with herbs and black pepper
- Roast the veggies for 30 minutes at 400*F or until tender on the BBQ
- Serve with your favourite meat, fish or vegetarian choice