2021 Opening Procedures
We know that planning your garden and purchasing your plants this year is especially important to you. We have been thinking long and hard as to how we will operate this season. Our plan is evolving and this is how it looks:
- Open for in person shopping starting Friday April 23
- Open daily, 9am to 5pm
- You may view our full Plant Listing below. Use these pages as a tool to plan your purchases from home. Bring your list with you when you come to shop. Plan to be flexible with your choices. Since we grow our own plants, once we sell out of an item, it will not be restocked. If we don’t have what you would like, we will be happy to find a suitable alternative.
- Of course, if you prefer to just come and browse with no list, that’s fine too!
- Please, please only come to shop if you are healthy. No plants are worth endangering lives for! Covid screening will occur at our gate.
- Masks must be worn at all times on our property.
- In order to comply with public health measures and to allow for safe physical distancing, we are open at 25% capacity. This allows for a maximum of 18 customers out of their vehicles at a time. In addition, we have limits on the number of customers in each greenhouse at a time.
- Hand sanitizer is provided at the entrance to each greenhouse. Please use!
- Carts are sanitized after each use.
- If you are high risk, please remain in your vehicle. We are happy to bring plants out of the greenhouses to show you – much like last year.
- Come prepared for a wait. You may have to wait in your vehicle at our gate.
- Come prepared for the weather. In case of rain, only those customers already inside the greenhouse will be able to shelter. We have our large tent for some rain protection, but bring an umbrella too if you like.
- Be aware that not all plants will be ready at the beginning of the season. Like ‘normal’ years, you may need to plan 2 or 3 trips to purchase all your required plants.
- No advance orders are accepted. If we are forced by the Government to close for in person shopping, we will pivot to accepting orders for pick up.
- Due to the added pressures of operating a business during Covid, we will not be selling at Creemore Farmers’ Market this year.
- And finally, please be patient with us and others. Our plants are here to brighten your life. Everyone will get their plants eventually.
We will continue to communicate any changes to this plan on our website, e newsletter, Facebook and Instagram. Thank you for your continued support of our business and cooperation with our health and safety protocols as we all navigate this pandemic together.
Plant Listings for Planning
- Cut Flower Transplants
- Hanging Baskets – Single Variety
- Hanging Baskets – Premium Mixed
- Planters – Single Variety
- Planters – Premium Mixed
- Planters – Veggies & Herbs
- Vegetables, Herbs and Fruit
- Soils, Mulch & Fertilizers
The Flower Farm Story
Cut and Dried Flower Farm is a family owned greenhouse business located close to Glencairn, Ontario. The farm is owned and operated by Katie Dawson and husband Chris Martin.
We both bring extensive horticultural training and experience to our business and since 1989 have also operated Complete Outdoor Services Inc., our landscaping and property maintenance company.
Growing Since 1993
In 1993 we established Cut & Dried Flower Farm to greenhouse grow a range of annual and perennial plants. For 8 years we also grew fresh cut and dried flowers, opening our fields for Pick Your Own Flowers. With time, the farm evolved and in 2001 we stopped growing cut flowers and expanded the greenhouse side of the business. Now, our farm has grown to over 10,000 sq feet of greenhouse space where we grow a full and unique range of plants. Visit Cut and Dried Flower Farm and you will find a gorgeous selection of top quality Annual Flowers and Foliage; Vegetables and Herbs; Fruit Plants; Hanging Baskets and Planters and Perennials, all grown on the farm. Locally grown Shrubs and Roses are also available. In addition to our plant range, we also offer a selection of soils and mulches.
We aim to make our farm a healthy place to live, work and play. For pest and disease control in the plants, we successfully use biological control methods, introducing natural predators to control pest populations.
A Unique Farm Experience
At Cut and Dried Flower Farm, we strive to offer a unique country shopping experience. Our staff are all keen and knowledgeable gardeners and offer fantastic customer service. For a real time saver, ask about our Custom Container Planting Service. Bring in your containers and discuss your favourite colours with our staff. Leave the rest to us and we will design, plant and grow your containers for you.
Take a few extra minutes to enjoy our perennial display gardens for inspiration and ideas. Meet our farm animals and let your children play in our unsupervised play area.
Award Winning Greenhouses
Over the years we have been honoured to receive several awards for business excellence.
- 2002 – Best Agricultural Business – awarded by Nottawasaga Community Economic Development Corporation
- 2008 – Award of Excellence for Outstanding Promotional Event ‘15th Birthday Celebration’ – awarded by Landscape Ontario Horticultural Trades Association
- 2009 – Award of Excellence for Outstanding Promotional Event ‘Girlfriends Planting Party’ – awarded by Landscape Ontario Horticultural Trades Association
- 2010 – Award of Excellence for Outstanding Promotional Event ‘Potcycle Day’- awarded by Landscape Ontario Horticultural Trades Association
- 2010 – Award of Excellence for Permanent Display Gardens – awarded by Landscape Ontario Horticultural Trades Association
- 2011 – Quality Award for Micro Business – awarded by South Simcoe Business Awards of Excellence
- 2018 – Award of Excellence for Outstanding Promotional Event ‘25th Birthday Hanging Basket Challenge’ – awarded by Landscape Ontario Horticultural Trades Association
Staying In Touch
Keeping in touch with our customers is important to us. We maintain a substantial electronic mailing list, sending out eight to ten newsletters throughout our season. Sign up for our newsletters to read about farm news and special events, must have new plants, gardening tips and even Katie’s favourite veggie recipes. We schedule regular speaking engagements and welcome group tours to the farm. For more information about Cut and Dried Flower Farm, please contact us.
See you at the Farm!
Katie, Chris, family and staff.