This recipe was given to me by an Australian friend and over the years I have adapted it! It has now become a staple in our home that I can quickly whip up on a work and school night. If you grow Zucchini, you will be familiar with how productive they can become so I hope this gives you another idea of how to use them up!
- 1 lb zucchinis, grated (I usually use about 4 small ones – the quantity doesn’t matter too much)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 cup white flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 5 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- Black pepper
- Mix all together in a bowl.
- Scoop into a 9×13” baking dish.
- Top with extra cheese and sunflower seeds.
- Bake uncovered at 350*F for 40 minutes.
- Serve warm with baked potato and salad.