One of my favourite summer recipes is Pesto, made with fresh Basil from the garden. I don’t really have quantities, just ingredients, but after you’ve made it a couple of times you’ll get the hang of it and you can adapt it to your own taste.
The trick is to use lots of Basil and not too much oil. Here’s how to do it…
- 1 bunch of fresh Basil from your garden, the more the better
- Olive oil
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Pine nuts
- Garlic, minced
- Black Pepper
- Rinse the basil well.
- Shake off any excess water and pick leaves off stems.
- Place basil and all other ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend thoroughly.
- Add more oil as required to make a thick sauce.
- Serve over warm pasta for a real taste of summer!
- Can be kept in a fridge for a few days but best eaten fresh.